Sunday, July 04, 2010

This blog is so dead

Here’s why: To begin with this was a joint project, and both Sara and I contributed. But Sara… well, she’s fickle. She was never as committed to the SHÄDY ÄCRES project as I was. After the first year she still posted a picture and a one-liner once in a while, but never with any regularity. Bah!

That of course gave her a certain superstar mystique, while I was more of an Overlook Hotel style caretaker here. Once in a while I would try to talk her into blogging, and she’d say things like: “It’s your blog now”, “I have nothing to write about” and “stop gnawing at my panties, you perv”. So I stopped trying.

So you see, I blame Sara. And of course you people. We never really had any readers, on an average day we got like 4 1/2 hits. Those of you who became regular customers here were classy, though. I’ll give you that. All two of you. Both "Stumpy" and "Bongface".

But I’m really sorry, I just don’t have the time anymore. I have three kids now (how the hell did that happen?), I constantly have to come up with new ways to get my hands on money. What am I going to write about? My job? I can’t, because of ethics and confidentiality issues. My family life? It’s really none of your business. Political stuff? I do that elsewhere now. Showcasing my art? Well, THAT’S not going anywhere so fuck THAT.

I still think some of the stuff I’ve written here is comedy gold. If you go back through our archives you’ll see what I mean, and if you don’t I’ll come to your house and steal all your spoons. But seriously, this was a super funny blog. Like millions of others, and yet different. We had the umlauts. We’ll always have the umlauts.

Listen, this is not moving in the direction I wanted. I was going to write an obituary style piece and then pull the plug here, but get a feeling I’m not ready to close up shop yet. Let’s see what happens. Maybe I get a visit from the magic blog fairy and start spewing genius blog posts out of my ass again, it could happen. Don’t hold your breath, though. You could die of asphyxiation.

See you in the funny papers.

9 Comments:

Anonymous cyf said...

First: forget all about that twitter stuff. Second: get back to blogging. You were so much better at Shädy ;-)

10:32 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

You were funny? When the hell did that happen?

Also: ethics and confidentiality issues? When did you get ethics?

3:21 pm  
Blogger anne said...

I always enjoy anything you and Sara put into the blogsphere.

You are well-deserving of all the accolades you have recieved from b1-66er over the years.

If you post it, I will read it... promise.

7:26 am  
Blogger anon said...

Word verification: toidi

meaning: don't be so hoidi-toidi

Get in saddle again, buster!

6:48 pm  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

Not dead: just curled up and encased in dried mud like those river fish in Africa that hibernate during the drought.

The rains will come again. I'll keep checking back until they do.

Maybe I'll even get around to learning Norwegian so I can understand what the hell you and Martin are saying out on Twitter.

6:48 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Awwwww. This is so touching. And I wasn't even fishing for it.

cyf: I'm seriously considering twitting Quitter.

mrtn: Who are you, and why do you keep posting comments here? You look like a bearded psycho in you profile picture, I'm calling the police.

anne: Anne! Guess what! We sent you a package a week ago. It contains the raspberry thing, a Norwegian DVD which I HOPE has English subtitles, some fish (yes, fish), and also some seigdamer, whatever the hell that is. It only took us three years to mail it. Ha ha!

anon: OK. But I might start another blog somewhere else instead.

suttonhoo: Enough with the fish. You people are obsessed with fish. And btw SAVE HARDANGER!

3:10 pm  
Blogger Lasse said...

Well if that's how you feel here - you can have them back: ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨.

The reason I send them back is so that you can recycle them for blog at the right time.

Alright I'll admit it - it's not all of them. I used some of them on other blogs, some just disappeared, got lost in translation you could say - others again wore out. Some live in comoros now - they send me postcards for Christmas. Frankly I didn't keep track of them all.

Even so - I miss your blog. Have done for a long time.

On another note watching the British TV series "Peep Show" will cheer you and Sara up, when you need to think of something else then your crying fans!

1:22 pm  
Blogger Susanne said...

What, the blog is dead?! Oh, but I guess you didn't twit Quitter.

9:16 am  
Anonymous haiku café said...

Come back and I'll whip your ass at brains! pls

1:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home