Monday, November 30, 2009

Pictures accompanied by witty comments

First of all, I have to warn you; there's a tiny bit of product placement going on in this blog post, but you probably won't notice.

This is a girl I know.

Some kids who hang around the house sometimes. They're kind of noisy.

Not all the time, though. I don't know which freaks me out the most.

They sneak into my office and use my pens, which is highly annoying.

I have to tolerate it because I'm scared of their mothers. That's the awful truth.

I hate it when they leave ink stains on my desk. This is not some nursery, it's a workplace goddammit!

Go read a book or something, you miscreants. There. Now they're all silent again. It creeps me out.

Muffin time! In the blue house it's muffin time when you least expect it. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Look pensive.

Look pensive, I said. No, pensive, not bored.

This one kid is so bored he has to stimulate himself with a hand puppet.

Oh, I'm so booored. There's nothing to dooo.

TA DAH! Board game time. Yay!

So this is the world premiere of my board game, PING, which is now available in a book shop near you (if you happen to live near a book shop in Bergen, Norway).

Yes, that's right. Bergen, Norway. Not Lüleå, Finnmärk. How did you get that crazy idea?

I have NO idea what's going on here. Probably another super creative brain wave.

This other kid is doing push-ups or something. What the hell is going on here? I don't even remember taking this picture!

Hanging out at my parents' house. If I knew the exact growth rate of the kid's hair I would be able to calculate the time span between these two photos.

Autumn. What a lovely time of year. We are reminded of the time Jesus Christ our saviour got drunk with his band mates, and he was in some crazy bar fight, and then he wrote psalm no. 257 the next morning while he was still hung over.

Some lady in the woods somewhere.

There's that lady again. I hope she's not an evil witch or something.

Ooooh, some scary ruins deep in the woods. WATCH OUT! Oh, it was just a chanterelle.

What's going on here? Hey, I know that view.

We've been here before, haven't we?

What - another kid?!

Great. Another mouth to feed.

We'll call her Bella, because she's beautiful.

What - are you still here? Go home! Oh. You live here.

Dusk in the valley of the happy nice people.

Look at that beautiful baby. Look at it. You feel sleepy. You want to buy board games. Lots and lots of board games.

Lots and lots and lots of board games. THOUSANDS of board games. Go out and buy them now.

Or I'll train the baby to throw rocks at you.

26 Comments:

Blogger LenaSG said...

Jeg forutser at babyer og Ping topper julegavelistene i år.

6:15 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Det hadde vært veldig fint, for babyen trenger nye sko.

6:20 pm  
Blogger Antagonous said...

yay!

8:03 pm  
Blogger Antagonous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:03 pm  
Blogger anon said...

who is that lovely witch in the woods?

12:10 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

You look great! Except that guy in the last photo. The baby pictures have totally hypnotized me into going to Luleå and buying board games.

7:57 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Buy... Buy... Buy...

9:12 am  
Blogger anne said...

Oh M and S, they are ALL so beautiful! Thank you for the lovely post, with pictures - congrats on your newest arrival!

9:21 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Thank you Anne! We've been meaning to post some pictures for some time but it's just been so busy around here.

9:34 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Too busy? Your readership has a bottomless craving for baby pictures.

3:57 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Our readership lacks bottom. At least that's what I've heard.

4:16 pm  
Anonymous camilla said...

Can you postorder? Baby and / or game board?

4:53 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

The babies are in limited supply, but I'm sure we can work something out.

4:56 pm  
Anonymous camilla said...

excellent, I just sent you an e-mail

5:11 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Yes, I'm trying to write a reply. Please don't interrupt me.

5:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

babyphotos OCH nature! Du är da pappas lille negergutt!

9:43 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Nu ved jeg jo ikke helt hvordan situationen er i Uppsala, men her i min verden ville den kommentar regnes som lidt på kanten. For fremtiden vil jeg sætte pris på om du benytter udtrykket "afro-dansker".

10:23 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Det er et andet ord for "perker", er det ikke?

10:32 am  
Blogger Johnny said...

Situasionen i Uppsala är helt förrykt etter borgerligt styre sedan Hedenhös.
Jag använde bara en positiv eufemism för att slippa anglofiera mig.
"Pulp Fiction : Marcellus Wallace til Butch : "You`re my man?" = "Pappas lille negergutt?"
http://vgd.no/musikk-tv-og-film/film/tema/1459817/tittel/daarligste-oversettelser-i-norske-undertekster/innlegg/26103272/

11:17 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Ah, alt gir mye bedre mening nå.

11:21 am  
Blogger Johnny said...

Och Mikkel you ARE my man i blogg världen!

11:21 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Da er det greit.

11:21 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

"You my nigger?" er vel det nøyaktige sitatet. Gir litt mer mening. Jeg syntes faktisk det var en ganske festlig oversettelse, må jeg innrømme.

11:21 am  
Blogger Johnny said...

Det blir ju inte riktigt lika morsomt då. Pulp Fiction hade en del andra pärlor i översättningen: "It's not a motorcykle baby it's a chopper" Det er inget motorsykkel - det er et helikopter!"

Tänk vad mycket värdefullt en pappaledig man i sina bästa år kan fylla sin tid med när de små sover. Tack igen för bilderna.

11:34 am  
Blogger Lasse said...

Åh så fint det hele!!!!!

Hils hele den chamerende familie!

3:52 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

I lige måde!!!

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home