Sunday, April 26, 2009

A wonderful journey of self-discovery

The process of acquiring insight into one's own character is often hard, but never dull. Except the times you discover something boring about yourself, or in the sense that getting to know yourself takes a really long time and is not always that interesting.

I can't come up with a good example, but let's say you're a chartered accountant or something, and you discover, over a period of years, that you're into stamp collecting.

Anyway, let's not talk about that now. Let's talk instead about my wonderful journey of self-discovery, because it is simply fascinating. You must hear all about it.


So this is my hot, pregnant girlfriend. I don't know what she's doing in the mountains, or where she goes every sabbath when she flies away on her broom. I don't ask questions. Why rock the boat?


And this is a stalwart knight on his steed. I'm just setting the scene here. Try to keep focused.


Finally my wonderful journey of self-discovery begins with this little impromptu sushi workshop. I'm using the term "impromptu" in its loosest possible meaning, since it took days of planning and hours of shopping to get to this point.


Look at the fabulous people. They're like cuddly little bourgeois sushi elves.


Finally my mad joint-rolling skillz are paying off. In a matter of minutes I have become a fully fledged zen buddhist monk.


And this is my zen garden. See how I'm making a comment on how transience is crucial to beauty and being and nothingness? No? Well then you can go fuck yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger mrtn said...

It's not an impromptu sushi workshop until you buy little bowls for the sauce and the wasabi. Well done, kohai.

5:07 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

You mean Senpai, surely.

6:43 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

You can call me roshi, if you like.

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home