Thursday, January 29, 2009

Have an ethical day

Those who know me will testify that I'm all about one thing, and one thing only: Ethics. I don't care who you are, where you live or what you do for a living, if you don't got ethics you're in big trouble mister. Or ms.

That's why I'm happy as a clam right now, because my employer, the great city of Lüleå, has just started a new campaign for ethics in the workplace. Finally! I've been clamouring for years.

The campaign requires every worker to wear a button inscribed with an inspirational word. Words like: Open. Humane. Honest. Caring. Strong.

In the spirit of democracy we get to choose the word ourselves. Isn't it the most wonderful thing you've ever heard in your life? Somebody up at City Hall had a real eureka moment.

Now, my job is pretty menial to begin with. I work with the mentally disabled, but enough about my co-workers. I have no education to speak of, no career, in fact when I think about it, hm, I have no real prospects in life except maybe having a drink and getting laid once in a while. So now that I have to wear a button that says humane my life is simply perfect.

Or it would have been perfect if it wasn't for the typo.

Unfortunately I found a little spelling error on my button. It said uncorrupt. "Hey wait, that's not a word," I thought to myself, and being the conscientious worker I am, I quickly grabbed the correction fluid. Hey presto, problem solved.

Thank you for your attention, drones. Return to your work stations.

5 Comments:

Blogger børvis said...

I know that girl. Is she famous?

2:38 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

EVERYBODY knows the Bell.

2:48 pm  
Blogger Amagdy said...

It's a great thing to be defined by Ethics.

Regard,
Abdo, http://abdo.me

9:39 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

It is indeed.

11:07 pm  
Blogger Jul-Larsen said...

Morsomt!

2:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home