Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things are tough all over

Winter is heartbreak: A tree will die by my hand on Sunday.
I have two coins in my pocket, one I found and one I stole,
Both on the same day. This is not a metaphor
For me having apparently decided to start smoking again.

Winter is sorrow: The scanner is dead.
Electricity comes and goes; I spend half the time alone
In a house without power. In a house, without power.
If there’s a ghost in my office it’s me.

Winter says: "You were the celery in my Bloody Mary.
And who likes celery? Not me. It’s a disgusting fruit.
Every bite is abhorrent, but without it the drink is ruined."
My drink is ruined. If there’s a ghost in my office, it’s you.

Winter is when I sing and dance. Winter is
THINGS ARE TOUGH ALL OVER.
Winter is my delight in the smallest of victories,
To have forgotten even two digits of your phone number.

3 Comments:

Blogger b1-66er said...

customer: this flank steak is tough.

butcher: no surprise.

customer: how can you say that?

butcher: things are tough all over.

9:48 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

THANK you.

10:06 am  
Anonymous børvis said...

why tough all over will keep repeating itself

2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home