Thursday, October 30, 2008

The children's crusade at home - day one

OK, so Sara has left for the Holy Land. It was only a matter of time, I guess.

She'll be traveling with four other women in a delegation to the Palestinian city of Ramallah on the West Bank, the unofficial capital of the Palestinian National Authority, to meet with women's groups from our sister party. I'm not sure what they're up to, but it can't be good news for Palestinian men, I'll tell you that.

Meanwhile, and more importantly, I'm left back here to hold the fort. I know many of you are worried about me, which is completely understandable, but I want you all to know that I'm confident I'll get through this ordeal tolerably unscathed. And I'm sure Falk will be more or less alive when she gets back.

We'll manage, is what I'm trying to say.

Yes, it was very selfish of Sara to go to Palestine. Who will wash our clothes now? No one, that's who. And while she's sunbathing in some Palestinian beach resort, who'll be cooking our dinner? No one. We'll cry ourselves to sleep every night, dressed in stinky rags, freezing cold and hungry. But still we support her little holiday. We are nothing if not supportive.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrtn said...

Sara is coming to see us? Excellent! How did you know all land I stand on is the Holy Land, btw.? The doctors told me to keep that a secret.

12:10 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Yes that's very funny. I just received a text from Sara - she has arrived in Ramallah now. As if the Palestinian people haven't suffered enough.

Meanwhile I have prepared breakfast for Falk singlehandedly. He had some bread.

7:45 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Should we consider boycotting Sara for her unlawful presence in Palestine?

Also: I'd like a recipe for this "bread" thing.

10:12 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

It's definitely an idea, but I'm not really sure a Sara boycott would work to my advantage.

When she called me this morning she was on her way to the breakfast buffet at Rocky Hotel(!), Ramallah, an "inspiring hotel in a distinctive location".

Yeah.

About the bread: There are several ways to prepare it. Might I for example direct your attention to this recipe, which featured prominently in our first issue? It's a classic.

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home