Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ode to Envy

Invidia! Dark Goddess of kittens, cocks and shoelaces,
Matron of pedestrians and gladiators, overgrown wellspring
Of hidden devices, my absent mistress; Invidia!
Your hair is braided with many retreats.

Shapely Invidia! You hide from me, but I see your shadow cast,
Checkered past the kitchen floor, whence a hinged trapdoor leads me
To your downstairs panty, excuse me, pantry -
Fuck it, I lost my rhythm.

I couldn't find you, Invidia, so I wrote your name on a climb of vine;
It begins with 4 and it ends with nine.
I called your name into a woman's shoe.
I called your name but you didn't answer.

Heads, I called you first by your maiden name,
Tails, I called you then by your greek name.
You liked that, and so you came -
Now I see your face, Invidia, on the obverse of every coin.

2 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

what happened to the HQ post?

11:42 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Well, apparently Sara has become so fat and ugly I'm not allowed to post any more pictures of her. So you see my hands are tied.

12:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home