Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here, have some milk and cookies

Yesterday I met a man with a terrible scar on his left arm, a big fat scar that went all the way round the wrist. When I asked about it, he explained how, about ten years ago, he’d had an accident in the hobby room: He’d cut off his left hand with a circular saw, severed it completely at the wrist. It fell off.

Three surgeons had worked on his arm for five hours, reattaching the hand, pulling veins and splicing nerves. And they did it, they put the hand back on. Then he’d been in recuperative therapy for a while afterwards, until he could move all his fingers and everything. Of course he couldn’t exactly play the piano anymore, but the thing worked.

His job before the accident? He was a puppeteer. Quite famous, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous børvis said...

No cookies for me, I think I have what I need

4:30 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Greeeeeeat. Thank you.

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home