Friday, August 10, 2007

Robinson Beowulf & his man Sabbath
(Discussing matters of finance
whilst erecting a large stone circle)




Robinson Beowulf:
I’ll tell you this: Neolithic culture is no picnic.
You and me my friend, we’re stuck here on this pee green isle,
With our backs to the see, fucking druids everywhere we turn.

His man Sabbath:
I don’t trust them druids no more than I trust the weather.
When I first came over on the boat I was alone except for the behemoths.
I had to protect myself so I found a club. I’m the founder of the club.

Robinson Beowulf:
Here, I’ll trade you a technology for it.
After all, it’s the decent thing to do.
And what do you think of usury? Will you take it?

His man Sabbath:
And what do you think of murder? I don’t bank. I’ve never banked.
Sometimes I can’t tell the difference between economy and religion.
I’m not interested in the compound. You ask about my money? Take it.

Robinson Beowulf:
Don’t patronage me with your primitive gift economy!
You know very well that I can’t take your money, and with good reason:
First, I would be beholden. Second, I don’t have change for a menhir.

His man Sabbath:
"He that putteth not out his money on interest,
Nor taketh a bribe against the innocent.
He that doeth these things shall never be moved."


Robinson Beowulf:
Don’t say that. Stop quoting the bible. We’re not rocks.
We don’t live under the hill. Nobody does.
Merlin does not exist. Is he dead? No. Is he alive? No. Is he sleeping?

His man Sabbath:
I couldn’t tell you for all the ogres in Logres.
And yet, look what a fine monolith we’ve built together.
We’ll never be able to sell it.

7 Comments:

Blogger mrtn said...

You've been playing Civilization again, haven't you?

9:53 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

It saddens me when you mock my art.

12:02 pm  
Anonymous ungovernable said...

fnord

3:13 pm  
Blogger nadiac said...

you make me lol even though it all went straight over my little pin head

5:04 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

LOL!!1!!!!!!!!

10:41 am  
Blogger nadiac said...

rofl

3:12 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

ROFLMAO!!!1!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home