Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lies, lies, lies

They told me in kindergarten.
Be nice to the other children. Especially the girls.
Have a crayon. Make a nice drawing.
Don’t worry about the future. Follow your heart. Don’t lie. Don’t steal.
Money isn’t everything, you know.
Money is in fact about twenty times more than everything.
Credit is everything. Credit is nothing. Value is money.
The value of money is nothing.
The interest rate determines the value of nothing.
I don’t understand the interest rate, but I think I’m OK because I have a little breeding.
I have a few skills afforded by unfair privilege.
I have a little money but I have nothing compared to rich people.
Rich people have money.
Refugees have no money.
Terrorists have almost no money.
If refugees had money they would stay where they were.
If terrorists had money they wouldn’t blow things up.
If rich people had money they would want more money.
Please give the terrorists some money.
Feed the refugees but don’t give them any money.
If the refugees had money they would be rich, and why would you give money to rich people?
Rich people have money.
The value of money is nothing.
Rich people have no values.
In times when the class struggle nears the decisive hour a small section of the ruling class is set adrift to join the revolutionary class which holds the future in its hands.
The iPod starts playing in the middle of the night for no reason.
The iPod starts playing in the middle of the war for no reason.
I shot the iPod through the heart in the middle of the night for no reason.

13 Comments:

Anonymous ungovernable said...

http://politiken.dk/indland/article281575.ece
can't make active links, sorry.
i don't like this one little bit

12:42 pm  
Anonymous Sexy Sadie said...

You need a shrink, right??

10:42 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Yes, I do actually. People are always complaining about my size. If you could shrink me about an inch that would be perfect.

10:57 pm  
Blogger Lasse said...

WOW!
I like it!

11:28 pm  
Anonymous børvis said...

You come in to a room. On the floor there is a dead person. Next to him is a broken object. There is a mirror in the room. What happened?

10:14 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

First I need to know a few things: Is it a dead human or a pair of goldfish? How did the dwarf push the buttons in the elevator? Why did the man go bankrupt in front of the hotel? What did the Sufi say to the two Arabian princes?

12:53 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

Switch horses.

2:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or medication......

6:20 pm  
Anonymous ungovernable said...

when i said i don't like this one little bit, i was referring to the article in politiken.
i like what you write a lot, you master many genres.

7:12 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Thanks daaaaarling. I got it the first time. And thanks for the movie you sent us, it was cool!

7:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does the part mean about the ipod playing in the middle of the night for no reason?

7:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does the part mean about the ipod playing in the middle of the night for no reason?

7:30 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Well, it's a combination of several things.

First, a news story i read about an American soldier in Iraq or wherever who got shot at, but his iPod took the bullet and saved him.

Second, my iPod had some kind of a technical problem which made it sometimes turn itself on for no reason. Once or twice it happened at night, and I woke up from the muted sound of music coming from the earplugs. It was eerie.

I'm using it here as some kind of clever metaphor. I think it has to do with privileged kids and their toys. And their emotions. And revolution.

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home