Friday, February 16, 2007

The mystery of the 9mm bullet case

It was a dark and stormy night. Me and the advertising guy were headed in different directions, so we stopped on the Piazza Fiesta to say goodbye before we split up. When I looked down something caught my eye and I picked it up. It was the brass case from a spent pistol bullet, marked BFL 9mm LUGER. We didn’t quite know what to make of it. It was hard to believe anyone would fire a Luger, or any other handgun for that matter, right in the middle of the Piazza Fiesta, even in the dead of night. But then it was equally hard to believe anyone would pick up an empty shell from, say, a shooting range, and carry it around with them, only to throw it away in a public square. I put the bullet case in my pocket and forgot all about it. And so will you. So will you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kgl said...

¿Hay muchas gran fiestas en la Plaza - perdóneme - Piazza Fiesta?

12:37 pm  
Anonymous ungovernable said...

my mammas ex boyfriend or whatchamacallhim, had a luger in the closet and two 9 mm bullets in a drawer in the guest/workroom, when i was a kid i tried to load it, but i couldn't figure out how.. i took it out of the closet one day when i was home alone, and i kinda pryed it open, trying to fit a bullet in it. the top part could be lifted i recall, or pulled up or something. it ended up lookin not like it had looked before, and i got really scared cos i didn't wat the guy to know that i'd fiddled about with his gun(hello Sigmund)
finally i figured it out somehow, but i couldn't fit the bullet in it (probably lucky) and put it back in the closet. i also remember my mother taking photos of me posing with it. we were gonna use them for xmas cards, but we never got ourselves together to make them, i still have have those photos lying around somewhere. Ja, that's my personal lüger story, not super exiting, but i was reminded of it by Mikkels lüger bullet case story. so there you have it.

4:16 pm  
Blogger Leslie said...

One day on vacation when I was very young, I got really sick. My grandpa came back from a walk in the nearby woods where he’d found a spent 22 shell. He set it up for me on the table next to my bed, as a miniature vase filled with tiny little flowers. I *loved* my vase, and I think I still have it tucked into a box with some old dollhouse furniture...

6:10 pm  
Anonymous børvis said...

my own lüger experience: i have it in my hand, it's loaded, i am pulling the trig

1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home