Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Sunday Curse

While I slept the babykillers were busy, and I can do nothing with my hands to stop them. I sit in my own shadow with nothing but a dry tongue to speak my HATRED and my SORROW on behalf of the dead.

So I curse the guilty.

First I call upon the coins and ingots. I call upon the bullion, I call upon the bulk. I call upon the spirits that sleep in the innards of the earth to be awakened by dirty hands. I call out and beseech the names of Ruthenium, Rhodium, Palladium, Osmium, Iridium and Platinum. I cry out in the name of white Silver, the moon metal. I cry out in the name of pure Gold, the sun metal. I call upon all the precious metals of the East.

Next I call upon the stocks and bonds. I call upon all the paper in the world to hear me. I call upon the virgin pulp. I call upon the cellulose, the lignin, the aromatic hydrocarbons and the hemicellulose carbohydrates contained within the wood. I call upon the living souls of trees that were cut down and taken from the great forests of the North.

I also call upon the banknotes. I call upon the soft paper fabric that is lifted out of the thin milky fluid. I call upon the ground and bleached fibres of the white shrub, the Gossypium plant, what the Arabs called al qutun. I call upon the sharp stalks that stung the hands of slaves then, and sting the hands of slaves now. I call upon the soft cotton of the South.

Last I call upon the ink. I call upon the solvents and vehicles, the linseed oil, the soybean oil, the heavy petroleum distillate. I call upon the drying agents, the waxes, the lubricants and the surfactants. I call upon the organic dyes; I call upon the salts of the nitrogen-containing compounds. I call upon the inorganic pigments. I call out: Molybdate Orange! I call out: Cadmium Yellow! I call out: Prussian Blue! But most of all I call out and entreat the shimmering Chrome Green. I thus call upon the mighty chemicals of the West.

Hear me Gold, hear me Paper. Hear me Cotton, hear me Ink. Hear me East, North, South and West. Hear my curse.

I curse the guilty. I curse those who worship the American Dollar. I curse those to whom the lives of women and children are like the lives of insects.

My words will watch them stealthily as flies from the eyes of George Washington and the Great Seal of the United States. My words will follow them swiftly and silently like beetles running over Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence. My words will work relentlessly like ants underneath Abraham Lincoln and the Lincoln Memorial. My words will fly quickly like mosquitoes on the wings of Alexander Hamilton and the U.S. Treasury. My words will burrow deep as ticks into Andrew Jackson and the White House. My words will irk them like wasps, weaving nests in Ulysses S. Grant and the U.S. Capitol. My words will hunt them and snare them like hungry spiders spinning their deadly webs on Benjamin Franklin and the Hall of Independence.

I curse the guilty. I curse their names and their houses. I spit on them. I spew out my HATRED and SORROW that it may stick to them and burn like white phosphorus, that their filthy money may take fire and burn in their hands, in their pockets and in their vaults.

In the name of Gold, Paper, Cotton and Ink I call upon all the spiders and insects of the Earth to rise up in swarms and swallow those who bake their bread with bone meal.

I curse them and I curse them again.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should bee used to you making me cry, but this time I'll thank U and blame someone else.

4:33 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

You can just deduct it from my tab.

7:31 pm  
Anonymous ungovernable said...

the blood just won't come off

10:57 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Try with some more blood. Blood to wash away the blood.

1:30 am  
Blogger MGL said...

I know how you feel.

10:13 am  
Anonymous Maggie said...

Thank You for expressing my feelings. Now and forever.

12:02 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Forever is a long time.

7:50 am  
Anonymous maggie said...

It just got to me...

1:45 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Good!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

I mean, I'm glad.

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home