Thursday, June 29, 2006

Cheap thrills

So I got a little lost in the sauce again yesterday. I was hanging out at the tiny bar I like, minding my own business, and suddenly the drinks just jumped me. It all happened so fast, it’s like a blur. I was busy with a little bitter dram that I’ll be honest and say I drink for purely sentimental reasons, but then the nice bargirl introduced me to a dark, Jamaican rum that I instantly developed a crush on.

One thing led to another. For a while I was tempted to hook up with that cheap bourbon I have been breaking up with for years, but I figured my high maintenance Islay single malt would get jealous.

I am such a slut with my drinks. Tequila broke my heart, and I’ve had to learn the hard way that gin just wants my body. Don’t get me started on vodka. Why, oh why do I never learn? In my heart I know I will always love the golden lady of the barley. God, I’m getting thirsty just thinking about her. I mean it.

3 Comments:

Blogger surly fag said...

you're drinking for two now though right?

11:58 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! Everyone thought it was really funny the first time.

12:22 am  
Blogger Lasse said...

Islay may be high maintenance, but boy is she worth every drop!
I remember my special evening in Valby with her, she would not let me go! - or was that you?

12:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home