Saturday, April 01, 2006

Goodbye

You've probably noticed that for a while now things haven't been so great here at the SHÄDY ÄCRES. First of all we don't have an internet con-nection anymore, and it'll take at least a couple more weeks before we get one.

But that's not the only problem.

You see, we just don't feel we have anything to say to you anymore. We've been trying to hide it, but there you have it. It's been like that for a while and frankly this little break has given rise to a grave and shared concern about the ultimate soundness of the project as a whole. We both feel that it's just... Silly. There are personal issues besides, but we have decided not to go into that here.

After giving it serious thought we have therefore decided to discontinue this blög project for good.

It is with a heavy heart that we now declare the SHÄDY ÄCRES era to be over. It was fun while it lasted, but sadly all things move towards their end. There are no exceptions to that rule, not even for brilliantly witty Finnmärck blögzines.

Thanks for stopping by, especially those of you who belong to our small, devoted crowd of steady subscribers.

You know who you are. We love you, and we promise to stay in touch.

This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

14 Comments:

Blogger Mikkel said...

APRIL'S FOOL!

AAAAAhahahahahaha! HAH! Hahahahahahahahaha! Hahahaha! Haha! Hahaha. Ha. Haha. Hm.

Good one.

1:03 am  
Blogger Leslie said...

You bastard(s)!!!!!

It's still March here, so I was completely unprepared and entirely taken in.

Yes, a good one...!

1:41 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Teehee.

2:09 am  
Blogger Susanne said...

He he, aren't you evil.

But hey, lookie here. I get different ratings from The Gematriculator than you. Claws is 37% evil and Shady is ONLY 25% EVIL.

HA! So just you wait.

10:04 am  
Blogger MGL said...

Bastard! You totally snuck up on me, because I read it before I had slept.

(now, imagine growing up in the same house as this guy)

1:17 pm  
Blogger Antagonous said...

to think my heart actually can't stop racing.

very well done, thanks for the april fools reminder

7:52 pm  
Blogger surly fag said...

was freaking out. i freaked out last time too. just so you know. ooooo me nerves.

7:57 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

I think it is safe to conclude that this was a resounding succes.

On the other hand, when I got back from my nightshift and woke Sara up telling her that Bryggen (a beeautiful string of preserved medieval wooden harbourfront buildings) had burned to the ground, she just turned over and murmured: "It's the first of April".

10:46 pm  
Blogger b1-66er said...

reason enough, right there, to keep her.

1:02 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Yeah, she's not easily fooled, that one. Kind of a drawback, really. I'm worried one of these days she'll come to her senses and dump me. That's why I've decided if she ever leaves me I'm coming with her.

7:50 am  
Anonymous adam said...

To be fair, this place has retired more often than Gary Numan, so I wasn't taken in by this one!

9:52 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Good point. Maybe we wouldn't retire so often if we had a movie review column.

11:52 pm  
Anonymous børvisen said...

what happened to my post?? :( It got suckered into a cyber-o-twat or what? I had such high hopes for the this take-over...

5:13 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

You commented on the post previous to this one, Einstein.

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home