Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Man and the elephant: Our shared heritage

Could this be how it took place, that first awkward meeting, so many millennia ago? By chance it wandered round the lake and into our camp - and we recognized something of ourselves in the eyes of that noble beast: There must have been an immediate connection, a bond. But how was that first elephant tamed? And why did this particular species become Man's first domestic animal? We may never know.

We only know that the elephant is now and ever will be Man's best friend.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I just don't think they cuddled those big hairy motherfuckers. Call me crazy.

11:48 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

You're right. I was just being silly.

3:18 am  
Blogger MGL said...

I prefer the gray retriever. You're probably more of a poodlefaunt kinda guy, right?

I sat on the back of an elephant once. Their hair is extremely bristly, like steel wool.

8:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home