Friday, November 25, 2005

Sidebar conference

What do I know about HTML? Fuck-all, that's what, and I want to keep it that way.

I am no geek pioneer. I have never owned a Commodore 64 and I did not have my own homepage in 1982. I did not spend my teenage years trying to hack into the Pentagon or phwatever. I had better things to do.

I don't want to know. I specifically waited until the interface had reached a level where I didn't have to know. I CAN'T BE BOTHERED. Why else would I do this for Christ's sake?

But then they make it so hard for me. First of all they offer me a choice between a squillion equally disgusting templates. Then they construct an editor that basically eats your text if you look the other way for a nanosecond.

And then there's the dotted line.

OK, so I can understand why they don't want to make room for a picture of every contributor on a collaborative blog. The sidebar would look ridiculous. Fine. But why, WHY does the picture have to be replaced by an extra dotted line?!

I have hated that line since it first appeared. And it has taken me this long to figure out how to remove it. Sweet Jesus, what am I turning into?

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous your superego said...

why didn't you just ask?

12:59 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

-Knock knock.

-Who's there?

-L’uom di sasso, l’uomo bianco.

If you were really my superego why would you have to ask?

3:51 pm  
Anonymous your superego said...

M'invitasti e son venuto!

4:11 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Parla dunque! Che chiedi! Che vuoi?

4:26 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

I love how the Internet makes me seem so much more erudite than I actually am.

4:47 pm  
Anonymous your superego said...

Rispondimi: verrai tu a cenar meco
... quando la nostra cucina novella è installato? Anche Sara, naturalmente ...

5:36 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Non ho timor: verrò! Anche Sara.

5:43 pm  
Anonymous verdedimileche said...

Don't worry you guys. Just wake up moving like this together every morning, and things will be fine...-sooo fine:)

http://folk.uio.no/tsandvik/fun/learn_disco.mpg

3:44 am  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Yksi kaksi WHAT?!

4:46 pm  
Anonymous verdedimileche said...

Yksi kaksi disco yatzy!

1:55 am  
Blogger Sara said...

Ok, now I'm intrigued. Who are you? Can it be Bauge, our big-nosed closet Finnish friend?

1:21 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

This one confuses me too. I don't know what to make of it.

5:06 am  
Anonymous verdedimileche said...

No member of the Bauge family, but we sure love their charming noses. How is the disco going? I think we would all appreciate a little picture series of you two performing those exqisite moves. How bout that?

7:29 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

On the condition that you send some photos of yourself doing disco (to my email), for the very same photo series.

11:58 pm  
Anonymous verdedimileche said...

Just do you can put my stupid face out there??!! NO WAY miss! ;)

1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home