Monday, October 17, 2005

The sound of one finger tapping

I know I am merely a novice at this, blogging I mean, but I have an aspiration: I want to be the perfect blogger. I want to achieve Satori enlightenment through blogging. Like the master said, attention means attention.

But the permutations are endless. Where to begin?

I read somewhere about how "...The blogger, by virtue of simply writing down whatever is on his mind, will be confronted with his own thoughts and opinions. Blogging every day, he will become a more confident writer... He may begin to experiment with longer forms of writing, to play with haiku, or to begin a creative project..."

Well, then, haiku it is. As I recall, the rules are pretty simple. Three lines with five, seven, five syllables, a reference to the season, and at least one product placement:

weeping temple bells
alone in the thunderstorm
drink coca-cola

Easy peasy.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger MGL said...

Autumn sky
The screen, a window
I comment

(3-5-3 is also acceptable)

8:32 am  
Blogger MGL said...

Oh. Wait. Forgot about the product placement.

October morning
Dell 800 Latitude,
with heating issues

(not exactly a ringing endorsement, I know)

8:35 am  
Blogger b1-66er said...

a brand name haiku
is a type of blasphemy
a xerox of art

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home